Friday, October 24, 2008

week-ending update

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee! i won 200 Rs. worth of gift coupon in the tambola for Diwali held in the office today! Now i am eagerly awaiting the next event in November which is Word Power – which should be fun and easy; i would die of wounded pride if i don’t win it –so i can win more coupons and buy myself that recipe book.

It is so fun winning coupons!! One junior told me it is really commendable that i get a prize in almost all the events!

In the elevator yesterday, i noticed that SC, P-da and i wear the same pair of shoes everyday! We agreed that we are very poor people who cannot afford to have more than one pair of shoes – that too scuffed ones! Given my feet size and that i only wear flat shoes – not even the trace of a heel- i can hardly find any shoes i like. Plus it cannot be glittery in any way - it has to be plain and flat! Given my petite size, you would think i would wear heels/platforms but i shun them. Because at the end of the day, when i step down from those things, well, my height would be the same and i don’t want to have back problems later on. i cannot decide whether it is my vanity that makes me think i don’t need any adornment/embellishment. i feel that i look good just the way i am – no make-up, no jewellery. Just me in the skin i was born in. Hell, even my eyebrows are not threaded because i cannot figure out the logic/beauty of having perfectly arched eyebrows! Did i just hear somehow gasping in shock at this revelation?!

i think i am simply not bothered with how i look -well, most of the times. Sometimes i do behave a bit more human and care about how i look! Like when i go for the events – because my photo would be published on the intranet when i win!! Hee hee…

3 comments:

Does it matter said...

Well, vanity is a funny thing. Putting on too much make up, high heels, etc etc could also be considered a sign of vanity. And now, you wonder whether not doing it is a sign of one. I suppose its doing what you are comfortable with.

My personal view - if you are happy with what you are & look, the world be damned. Especially when it comes to things as trivial as looks.

Cliched talk again - but it is inner beauty that matters. Gosh, how cliched I am - & so bookish! Why cant i original!!!??

Hv a nice weekend!

gypsy said...

matter: ummm...hmmm...ammmm....

ukn said...

haha... can't help laughing out loud when i read "in the tambola for Diwali"... one of my fav games!!! Well, are you from MANIPUR? or from China??? I was caught by your blog name "nupi" thingy... btw, I am from manipur... if you are from manipur, good to see someone from manipur blogging :)