Friday, April 18, 2008

home no more

it seems wrong to feel this way. But i feel i cannot stay here in imphal for good. There was a time when i wished i could be at home and not flit in and out like a butterfly. Now, i feel like a stranger. i feel like a traitor but i feel i am not myself here. There are too many do's and don'ts here. And my soul cannot take it anymore. i love this place - this is the place where i grew up, the place where my roots are. But somehow, i feel i need to fly away. Pretty much like a fledging leaving the nest - i guess it feels the same. The attachment is there but not that strong to stop the wings from flapping and taking to the sky.

i have stayed away from home too long to let my roots find a place here again. i can't put a finger on what has changed in me or my home town to make me to feel this way. i think i am a nomad now. i cannot feel at home anywhere. i just want to move on from one place to the next before my roots can find peace.

There is a profound sense of sadness inside me. Maybe i have not grieved enough. i feel lost right now. i feel guilty at times that i don't feel sad enough, that i can still laugh. Contradictory emotions.

Does death has this effect on everyone? i feel like drained of everything now. And i am so easily irritated now that even my mother threatened to stop visiting me. i want to sever all ties. i want to be alone. All by myself. So that i never have to go through the pain of losing anyone. i know i am a coward. i always was. But i don't care. i love running away. i am a runaway gypsy.

Where i take my final breath, would that be the home i am searching for?

1 comment:

Rain Girl said...

again, that what you feel, I have felt to. living away from home for the last 8 years - i swera, i dont feel at home too. anywhere.

and girl, i laughed the day my dad died. its called hysteria. or shock. or just refusal of us to accept. even if you do get over it soon, only shows your maturity. so just be strong. take care.

and btw, need your suggestion on sth i posted ( u r a strong girl - that's y)

my blog: http://pyl_rain.rediffblogs.com