Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pissed off

The day started off well enough...the leads meeting got cancelled - try attending meetings at 7 in the morning. Just because we have to cater to the US guys! 
I had to get a document from my bank. Because I was born an idiot, I did not think of carrying my NRIC or passport. "sorry we need to see an identification". I normally don't swear these days - what with trying to preserve the dignity of my grey hairs- but today I said "oh shit" and not in a nice way.

So I rushed home - in the bloody hot sun. Went back armed with all the identifications I could think of. I had given the request over the phone on Saturday and was told the document would be ready for collection at 10 in the morning today.

They made me wait and wait.. While my blood boiled and spilled over. They got my surname wrong. I asked them to correct it. They got it wrong in another place. I was getting super pissed off. So pissed off that when I saw the feedback form lying nearby, I vented all my fury and wrote enough to fill the page. I could not find a Dropbox for that and the girl at the counter said pass it to me and I will pass it on to the manager. It must be breathing its last in the waste basket.

I came to the office fuming and spewing. T-da asked me to tell him all about it and he would go and see to them! So I was narrating my woes to a small audience. I normally kick off my shoes once I reach my cubicle but today I was so pissed off that I even kept my shoes on.

I am getting old. My patience, which to start with was meager, is now non-existent. 

Went swimming with the elf, baked a cake for C whose b'day it was today.made 3 kokeshi dolls. Talked to him on skype. Modern technology - he can still see my nostrils flaring in mock-anger when he asks me things like "did you water the plants? Did you switch off the lights? Did you drink enough water? Did you eat?" cooked hanggam with hawaizar and had all by myself. I love my kitchen aid stand mixer. It is black - my fave color. 



2 comments:

thambou said...

I hope the hanggam with hawaizar made up for all the inconveniences. Cheers!

gypsy said...

Thambou: yes, it did. Though i must say eating alone is never fun!