Sunday, August 25, 2013

Hiya

I have been guilty of neglecting my blog. I just do not have the energy at the end of the day to gather my thoughts- yes, I must be growing old.
So many things happening. He has gone for 3 months to start his business - I am alone now with the elf for one week till the sister comes. I miss him already.
I have taken up clay and I am becoming  quite good at it - see, age does not mellow my immodesty! The condo has an oven so we are always baking.
And we bought a kitchen aid stand mixer which costs a fortune- din't ask me why..we end up buying stuffs we can ill-afford..but in the end, it is just money...it will come and go...
To borrow a phrase from a song:
Shiga daba punshini
Nungngai thokshi keidouge

Roughly translated:
Life is going to end one day
Why not enjoy it

For a change, I turned money wise and invested in an education policy for the elf. Shelled out enough to make my bank balance groan but at least I can rest assured now that he is provided for. Also, we took out life insurance policies. Age is catching up with me - why else would I even think of death and long term disability and other stuff like that?

Work is, well, work. It goes on...and life, well, life is life.. It has to go on...





No comments: