Wednesday, November 12, 2008

300



(One of my fave pictures i have sketched on iPhone.)

What does it takes to make one happy? Happiness – what is it? This emotion – how do you define it? Is it the absence of sadness? Or a state of mind when everything looks and feels good? When i say i am happy, what exactly do i mean???

So yesterday, after office, i decided to go and buy some chicken for dinner – no, not from Mac – from the neighborhood maangso (meat) shop. Then i remembered that i have less than 100 bucks with me. This thought made me so happy – ok, one more proof that i am not normal. i checked my wallet - which is pointless given that it is the last place where i put money! My bag is as unorganized as me – that is another story. Coming back to the current story, i rummaged and counted and found that i had just about enough money for the rickshaw fare and about 700g of chicken!! This made me so happy – the fact that i did not have enough money to buy even one 1kg of meat! Somehow, it made me feel so human, so happy knowing that i had to count and re-count the money to make sure i had enough.

i have decided not to go to the ATM and survive with just a few bucks. Do you think something is wrong with me – i mean, is it normal to feel this happy about not having something? You would expect the opposite. But then, i am not normal by any yardstick.

And this is my 300th post. i am old now – 300 posts old. Ancient.

7 comments:

sadsadas said...

Congratulation on your 300th post.

For every rise there is always a fall.

Many of your past post of your fall / unhappy post only hoping that from now onwards there will be only rise / happy post only.

B said...

wow. where can you sketch on iphone? I have the phone but ive never tried to draw anything :( btw, this display pic of mine, ive sketched it on MS paint :P I'm about 280 posts old on my like 7th blog in my lifetime :P

gypsy said...

khuman: Thanks!

Red: Don't you see an application "Sketches"? It came free with the iPhone i bought. It is cool - you can sketch with your fingers!!

7th blog??? You have 6 other blogs??? Hai ram!!

Pinku said...

300 posts!!!! wow...i just did 100 and was feeling what an achievement!!!

as for the 700 gms of maangsho hope it turned out super licking good...and you were kept hoping for that one more piece....life is best enjoyed in small pieces...you have learnt the trick!!!

gypsy said...

pinku: Thanks for dropping by.

The maangso was good as always given that i am such a good cook (could not resist it!!). :)

Rain Girl said...

love your sketch, and hey, its not normal but i like it. a quirk. your very own.

gypsy said...

rain: thanks. Yeah, normal is boring!