Thursday, September 07, 2006

New look

To lift my sagging spirits, i got a new hair-do. Beats me how it is supposed to help..Maybe i will smile more when i look at myself in the mirror!!

Work has not been that demanding. Which helps. It would be hell having trouble in both my personal and professional life, ni?

Have been spending too much time in front of the idiot box because i don’t want to think. Reading makes me reflect on life which is one thing i don’t want to do right now.

i started reading “Lord of the flies” and then stopped midway because i was actually scared of the way the story was unfolding. i don’t want to read anything remotely depressing right now. i should go and buy myself some Mills and Boon but then maybe that is a bad idea because it would remind me of things i don’t want to remember. So i read Tinkle comics now!! And supplement that with Femina and the disgusting Woman’s Era. You should read some of the articles in that magazine. So why do i buy it? Because i like laughing out loud at stupid things…sadistic me..

Gave a training to the newbies. My god, these kids look so young. And scared. i wonder whether i was the same way when i joined. Sometimes people ask me why i have been in the same company for years now. More than anything else, it is because i like the atmosphere. It is the kind thrive in. i mean, i can play gags on my colleagues, wander around barefoot, tell my seniors my mind without worrying about the consequences. I think i will suffocate in a project where you have to be serious and professional all the time. i do my job well (thank you) but i want to have fun when i am doing it.

7 comments:

echaandam said...

You should post a picture of that new look!

i'm also a newbie when it comes to anything vaguely related with coding. So, I really, really like to join the training.

Can i join in?

Does it matter said...

I don't understand the Women's Era comment one bit.. As someone who likes the cooking part, are there not enough articles and pages devoted to the cooking (& cleaning, ofcourse).

And so are the cute personal advice columns, and the super learnings on how to keep your man happy.

Hmm, i sense blasphemy...

gypsy said...

@matter: Now i know you are a girl - not from the "likes cooking" bit but from the fact that you know such a magazine exists!!!

And some more articles devoted to other things like how to please this and that; bhasan on why premarital sex is wrong..blah blah

Does it matter said...

But pray, why could it not be a magazine that was read by a family member, and picked up by self ?

But, ofcourse, premarital sex IS wrong, ofcourse. And how to keep your inlaws happy is sure the raison-de-etre of a woman's life, isn't it?

Does it matter said...

Btw, the "likes cooking" bit was a reference to one of your skills and not mine, no way.

To be frank, I cannot go beyond eggs or maggi.

gypsy said...

Because a guy is unlikely to pick up that magazine. It has lousy cover-girls!

Yeah right! as if we were just walking-talking wombs-cum-cook-cum-everything.

And that magazine has lousy recipes, btw!

Does it matter said...

Oh but maybe someone digs exactly those kinda girls - the ones matrimonial columns refer to as "family loving" and "homely" ?!

lol

Anyway, never ASSUME, because you could make an ASS of U and ME !!

Will not speak any more on this topic though, because that would be telling...!